Friday, October 13, 2006

if the golem rose

If the Golem rose from the mud below
He'd pluck a single rose
From his well sowed rows
And the poses he'd throw

Would make my heart accidentally smile
Then my valves would stop up
Mud would overflow
I'd need a new engine in my body
The car is my body
My buddy, my car

But the body I have is just for now
The mud is forever
Earth of the salt
Salt of the earth
I look around, but all I see is just dirt

And as the exposed light bulb
Swings like a vine in the jungle
I am reminded of a simpler time
The rope feels like slippers for my wrists
I reflect on my former self

And as I grew 1,000 legs
Insides grow out
Rise from my cocoon
And out from the shell
Walks the new me
Dust aside the husk
And watch as I go door to door

My sales are up
It's a good quarter
It's a half dollar
I make the Jello Monster from Brooklyn look like the fucking jackass he ass
And I say to him
"You know what, you are a fucking jackass, you are."

For earth is forever, my golem friend
You may rot in hell but your body is in me
The earth
Soak it up
And think it over
Then I will eat bon bons
And go to the hardware store
I'm learning how keys are made

2 Thumbs Sideways.



No comments: