Thursday, November 15, 2007

Just make sure you know it's the cobra who's laying in wait at the bottom of the pot you planted

It's time to rattle a few rib cages
Because my baby keeps it electric
Down the last line
I traced on my front lawn
Staring up at the middle light
It used to be the moon
Now it just buzzes on the line
And talks to me and says I can tell the truth now too
The truth is
I don't know,
About a buck 95
So ask for your change back
You'll never get back
No no no never get back
But it's too late
Gotta gotta keep up
Gotta act all interested
When you've inherited a throne that's yours alone
Act real interested
And smile big for the pictures
Just to make it a bit clearer
And the object in the mirror might be your reflection

You want the truth you can have it
Keep it up high on the top shelf with the promises you'll always break
And the object in the mirror might just be your reflection

No comments: