Sunday, November 11, 2007

What’s his full name?


Only three people in this state have my name
And none of them made the top of my list
Or are half the man I'll ever be
I checked twice
And the past passed me by
I didn't get the license or registration
I didn't get the point
I'm breaking in the line of the duty
Just to get a damn break
I swapped my eyes out
Too blurry to speak
Too slurry to see
In the sea
It drifts apart and breaks
The lines are crossed
The lies are lost
And "X" always marks the spot

If you left here three times tomorrow
What would you miss most
The mist or the myth of a mistaken identity
You think you know but it's just a false start
You keep it set apart because it might start again
You thought a lot of things but just wrote them down in a thought balloon
And let it set sail as the acid rained down inside a stormy head
And I've set aside my better half
Hoping to gain interest
In an account I don't own
And it's just registered to a man with my full name
I've never met the man
But where he's buried
"X" always marks the spot

Two to three times in the snow
Once if it pours
To avoid further confusion you can just accept the fact that you're hopelessly hoping that your helping side is helpless
Or just accept the fact that it's always marked by the spot

And what's his full name?
Captain snugglebears and the lovey hold 'ems
Tough crew
He beat my skull in with a razor pick
The same kind I took home to my mother
Before she had me aborted in 912th trimester
The future turns on a dime and I just spent my last quarter
His eyes look like they own the place
And the road map to regret was exactly as advertised
"X" marked the spot and it was so, so unsatisfying

No comments: