Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Alpha Mummy

The Alpha Mummy charms me
He charms me with his snake dance
His arms akimbo and perpendicular
I do his bidding for no reason in particular

In fact, when I closer examine my actions
They more resemble the acts of a mad man

I cut my own hair
I circle the drain
I alphabetize my fingernails
I listen closely to anyone who could be thinking for me

They steal my ideas
But I took them off the back of a mashed potato box
The brand with the spuds on the front
They looked so delicious
I simply had to murder that woman

When I awoke I was up to my eye lids
In bug elbows
They were akimbo
In my eye sockets
I was crying electric sauce
It tempted me
Yet all I could do was look away

As scarabs circled my grave
Tabasco curses
The accidental curse
The dental hearse
I rode away in the mummy's mouth

He debugged my program
And now I make total sense

He leads the pack
And cuts the crops
With pestilence and plague

No more potatoes for sleepy dreams
I turned to vapor

His order is my command
I'm not in his pack, I don't understand
But now it makes total sense

March
Hut
2
3
4

No comments: