Thursday, September 14, 2006

turtleneck rage

Nobody gets me harder than Medusa
Icarus flew by on his ridiculous tricycle
And in a way, it was perfect

His wings melted
And I had to just laugh
And laugh
And laugh
And laugh

I got light headed
And the sun melted

Everything was fine for a while
Exactly a while

And I took some ice cream Tylenol
It took care of my ice cream Head ache

But nothing was harder than getting over Medusa
She broke my heart
Into shards; several
They were innumerable
My feelings were indescribable

This is the pain that only soft tap dancing can decimate
It felt like a zombie let loose in my brain

The wings of my house
In my brain
It grew dusty and old
Alone, cold, trusty
And full of soul

My heart worked out
Worked out fine
Fine and dandy
Like solid candy

My heart can bench press my soul
But nothing is more taxing
Than getting over Medusa
My, how she broke my heart
And charmed it first

With her many-snaked head
Her siren song had the cops chasing me
As I sped along the empty highway
To meet her arms
Her poisonous embrace

I could not get the Mad Libs out of my head
It was funny
So funny I laughed

It was no laughing matter
Then I lost my place
That doesn't matter
No matter
No brain

Mind over matter
Then I ran her over
Her blood and guts
They went splatter
It brought a tear to my eye

And I just had to cry
And cry
And cry
And cry
And cry

But in a way
It was really funny

I know, somewhere up there
Some fucker is laughing at me

For I am the Mad Libs in their heart
And that makes everything alright
In the end
The End.


No comments: