Tuesday, September 12, 2006

if sasquatch was my baby

If Sasquatch was my baby
I would get tail non-stop
And though he doesn't have one
It would be the quintessential American tale
Without fail, we would drink Sarsaparilla*
We would grow old together
And I would watch his body rot

And he would not understand the legal documents
Which I made him sign on his death bed
And although it was not a bad in the traditional sense
He was laying down
Upon a pile of rocks
Twixt a cake of mud
Beneath the blistering sun
And the wind itself blew so harshly
That his flesh tore from his skin
And we loved each other very much

He made me a friendship bracelet
And it was the foundation
Of a solid relation
The ship had sailed
And our trust was comprised of the following minerals, not in the following order:

  1. Aluminum-Copper
  2. Batman Haircuts Octane
  3. Bisectium Bicycle, the compound which cannot be named
  4. Complex simplex, the simple compound
  5. Long Division 13X, a top secret element which should not be mentioned
  6. Some random strings found on a bus station bench
Later on our reflections in a pool of water sent chills down our spines
We skipped along, merrily
And played hide or seek
I can't remember which

It was a fun day
A pleasant, indeed
Our love was true

And he signed on the dotted line
I know his love was truly mine
I only dreamt of shoving the decrepit old Sasquatch
Off a rocky hill
In his wheel chair
But it was still a dream come true

And that is the way I choose to remember him

also


















*Not SARS-SODATM, the beverage that caused quite a stir in recent years due to all those health complications by being in the general vincinity of a can opening. Though it was refreshing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

deeper than the unobserved bucket. . . sasquatch is no myth