Sunday, November 19, 2006

Dear termites: leave my skull a latchkey child

These are the rules. We all agreed to them.
We all share the same car, and we all live in the same city.
It's not my fault you don't live in my house, and it isn't my fault either.
Help meet my eye to see eye-to-eye.
Let's get this jet rip roaring drunk and ride the waves.
Information travels faster in the modern age, and chivalry died on the table.
Quit speaking in sentence fragments kept alive via cryogenics.
You'll live to regret it and your tongue clipped its wings long ago.
When the fist hits the skin it helps the bottle spin for the kissing game.
There's no winner, there's no loser, just the players.
The rules were lost long ago but the King rules supremely..
No one questions his authority and he mandated we all share this stupid car.
It's not stupid, but the car is.
It just finished remedial home school for inward children, looking out toward their future.
It's foggy at best.
You sent me a message from a sky writer,
but it was cloudy at best.
The best way to deliver an honest message is via double meanings and assumptions. Don't even talk to me if you want to glean information. I'll decipher it with a decoder. I'll go home to North Dakota. My house is surrounded by beams. I'll drop the car off near your work so you'll have to rollerblade there next time.
Bombs away, grenades come near.
The narrator gave away the ending for the last damn time.
I was angry before but I forgot to foreshadow.
Now I'm sleeping in the shade 'cause it's cooler in my blood.
The message is clearer than mud, and stupid expressions say more than an honest greeting card.
It isn't stupid, but the car is.
And we've gotta share it.
So use the fucking car pool lane.
That's what it's for.
It's not a swimming pool.

No comments: