Thursday, December 14, 2006

We're eating for two like it's going out of season












Let's trade hands down by the docks.
I've got these new joints made out of rope, it won't hurt one bit.
Come on, I promise you we'll ride the trailer tractor all afternoon.
You said we need to do more things together as friends, and I don't see why not.
My hands have been in places you don't know to know where you said.
Well you won't have to know, you'll just know.
A sense, memory deprivation, a spoon.

Let's trade legs down by the moon.
I've got these new robot legs, they're Y2k Complaining.
Come on, I promise you we'll ride the hover tractor all evening.
You said we need to get more air together as limb exchanging buddies, and it makes sense to us now.
My legs are long gone anyway, they're on loan from science.
Where to, who knows, you'll just know.
Legs running in the sand, a pair of twins conjoined, a buttered silver spoon.

Let's trade ideas down by the coffee shop.
I've got these really revolutionary ideas, they're cheaply xeroxed.
Come on, I promise you'll be riding high on my new ideas.
You said we need to get more ideas out in the open, and we need some revolutionaries.
My ideas are long gone, you won't know where they're stolen from.
Where from, in comics, I've read them a mile high.
The skyscraper starts in the ground, a player piano, and a mouth full of foam.

Let's trade ligaments down by the landmark.
I don't even know what they are, but they're yours to keep.
Come on, I promise I won't even miss them one bit.
You said we need to share to understand the spirit of each others circulatory systems, and I need some new blood around here.
My blood is recycled, you can have some eco-friendly blood.
From my brain to my toes, and back again in half a minute.
The calcium deposits, the shocking withdrawals, and the hydrogen is sky high in the nostrils of giants.

Let's trade each others shoes.
I don't even wear these shoes anymore, and I think they were yours.
Come on, I promise these aren't even the same size.
You said we need to stop exchanging things that aren't ours. This was yours.
My shoes were your shoes, you can have them back.
From my heart to your toes, you can wear your damn shoes again.
A tuxedo top, a lobster bib, and some sullen eyes in the potato.

No comments: