Monday, March 05, 2007

Enya, I know you're a great singer and now, but right now, as passengers in the car with you, we need you to learn how to merge with oncoming traffic

if i was a salmon then i'd swim upstream
and if i was a dreamer then i'd think up dreams
but i'm neither
a non-believer
a contrareceiver
a believer
a reviver
a survivor
an unreliable source of information
spurting forth
by mechanical design
it's either see or be seen
whichever happens first
it doesn't really matter
so let's draw up the terms
stay in line
just stay in line
because if i was awake then i'd think up dreams
and if i was asleep i wouldn't stay awake
it's just
vaccuum cleaning
in a black hole
down the rabbit hole
in my empty mind
with all my empty time
i can't do much
but might as well do something
well yeah
this is something
but dust in the wind

but dust in the wind
gets in my eye
and makes me think of something better
dusting off some dirty old land
with some dirty old hands
they don't do much but hold me back
and a broken back
just keeps me up
and not very well at that

and hey my idiot friends
where are you
my idiot friends
you're no where to be found
and ha hahaha
we shared so many laughs
but nothing really lasts
we knew it in the first place
so put it in your bank account
and take that to your bank
the thankless tanks
rolled up the hill
and dropped the bomb
and then go home
open the safe
you're safe now
for now
by its mechanical design
someone keeps blocking my rain

and the other 9 people in the room knew what i meant

No comments: