Saturday, March 10, 2007

whoopS! (canned audience)

So, apparently people have been commenting on these drawings for about a year and a half. If any of those folks are reading this, I am only now understanding BLOGGER has a thing called "features." So to people who said things like "you're fucking brilliant," "I bookmarked your page," and "you draw a good horse." All I can say is "thank you," "thanks again," and "you're mistaken."

I operate this under the notion that no one is reading this but me (so I had no idea people were actually checking this, and perhaps liking it). Since most of you don't know who I am, these drawings probably keep it that way. And now, here is a drawing of a hammer.


an inside joke told out of turn
some things
oh, they could change
but they won't hurry up
they just wait
and they never learn
they're fucking 18 months late
they're just a heavy weight
they're a burden
on an unturned stone
they cast a deep shadow
they aren't their own
oh, just leave me alone
but i can't afford much of that right now
believe you
i'd be the first to hear of such a thing
but right now all i hear
is a false reality
and a false hope
i'm a false joke
i'm a riddle
and i do my song and dance
i learned from the TV screen
and i'm awake even when i'm asleep
and i fell into a day dream so deep
i may never come out again
so wake me if i'm leaving

i don't know what i'm believing
i'm just receiving empty messages
just as many as i send out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still think you're brilliant. I check your page most days. Also the photos are great.