Thursday, March 01, 2007

time to get up

my bedtime stayed up past me, everyone's living to hassle me
now my back swells with orchestral music and it's all confusion
because now everybody knows just what i know
they could have clued me in sooner
but
that would have ruined the ending to the movie
i didn't know i was making
hope i win the award
course i'm yawning awake
cold with so many bedsores
O NO
stop the cerebellum
high up in the tower
someone please cut the lights
i forgot what to say
they're dusting the great plains
they're sweeping across the ocean
i'm at the top of a mountain
and
i forgot the signal
and
i said i'm here until i'm gone
so are you gonna be my honeybee
or are you just gonna be a rotten flower
don't rot or wither away
send some smoke signals down my curly lungs


No comments: