Thursday, May 10, 2007

academia nuts

My house is an organ
My brain is a stem cell
My body parts are a door bell
My nerves are a portable toilet
My toe nails are a rigged election system
My elbows are not democracy
My tonsils are long gone
They never even left a note
My heartbreak is suffering
My eye teeth are being melodramatic
Someone left the oven on in Santa Eulalia del Rio
I think I hear my keys jingling
Someone keeps undressing me with their telekinesis
With their eyes
Their eyes aren't a tree ring
Count the years gone by
My life is a gangster
A total eclipse of the milkman
Driving down the street is a waste of time
I'm walking down the road
Down to Heaven
If heat rises I'll see you in Hell
It'll be cooler and the weather will be colder
My trapper keeper is non-existent
My PEMDAS is FIFO, LUDO
You can't kill the dead
They don't care and are too stinky to shower
The heat stink rises right off it
Untie my eyes and strip my ears behind my back
I'm chasing that ball over a deserted road
I do as I'm told
Did someone dress the baby
Or was he born that sharp
Whoops
Slush slush slush slush
Slip
Broke broke broke
You're too hip
For me
My identity is a constellation
My sense of taste is an illusion
My mirage is a desert
My sense of direction is lost
My feet point inwards
My back is always broken
My toes are always pregnant
Someone left the heart on in Guadalampur
Can you get it back for me
Or did I just make it up
Because
My sense of geography is American
My sticktoitiveness is American't
My best face forward is ridiculous
My skeleton key is a shape shifter
And my baby face is a face lifter
Someone filled the baby's mouth with hair
I shaved his mouth but
It was too late
It was
Too too late
He's more handsome than I ever thought I could be
Because
My sense of irony was lost in the mail
My anger got ground up in the disposal
My possibilities are dwindling
My compass is a son of a bitch
And my kindred spirit is lying
That scorpion came 'round the bend and said
"I can stand up when my number is called,"
Well, your number's up and so's my mind
It's made up
As in fictional, not determined
So I rode the rail through the spike in that creature's heart
It writhed all night long,
Listening to AC/DC
Meaning both ways, twixt the advantage
Ultimately the prize sat at the bottom of the box
Untouched, unclaimed, undusted
Prints
Prince in a monarchy
Because my monarchy is lost
My oligarchy is meaningless
I know tons of words but don't know what to say
Because my sense of timing is impeccable
But always always always
...Late

And the remains of the day were buried at sea
And I pretended to care but I couldn't tell anymore
So I put on my best tux and my best face forward
And went out the back door
And walked on and on the dusty country road
So rocks could get wedged in the new soles
And when I got there
And when I finally said my piece
So we could all just get on with it
I was just...



Late

No comments: