Monday, May 14, 2007

cut up the credit cards and shanghai the kids, bringing what's brought.

I'll go my way
And you go yours
And keep on treatment like it was a daily chore
I've got my daily vitamins
I've got my joints limber
I've got my crucial opportunities
and I've got my way-way-wasted youth
So tell your momma and your sister
I figured the truth would come out by now
But now
It's much too late
We keep it up to keep the distance
And sit next to it
Keep it company
I suppose if I knew
If I ever made a mistake
If I ever had a problem
But I haven't and I don't
I'd talk to you but it's like ringing up a ghost
In a one horse town
Everyone knows your tricks
And my number's up
If I lost all my limbs
Would you help put me back together?
If I wrote to you
Would you read the letter?
Picking up the peace
Now there's no reason not to
I always thought the truth was true
Now
It's just
That
I'll go my way
And you'll go yours
Someone help me get off the kitchen floor
Saving face in the cabinets
Whatever it was
It just hasn't happened yet
In a dream in some faraway land
Turning circles
Turning squares
There's more to it than geography
The memories we have
They're lost and collected in a jar found on a distant shore
They just don't matter anymore
You can try and take a picture
But it won't last
They lie when they say it'll last longer, of course
So I'll go my way
And you go yours
That's what I like to hear
Collision course much too coarse to come near
My front door
My front teeth
Collide
And dumpster dive
Turning tricks in a back alley
Deep and dank, making a salary you can bank
Too much talk of money
And too complacent to change places
But I'd trade places in a second
For a gold medal, a pair of pearls
Getting hitched to that great big 'ol diamond in the sky
Once in a while I thought about it
Called me what I was
Accused of saving face
Heard it
Straight from the source
So I'll go my way
And you go yours

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

“So I'll go my way” is correct!
Nice poetry and funny picture, dude!
You know… Do what You want, live your life!