Wednesday, May 23, 2007

call me a cynic like they call me a cab, because i can taste the innocence

We say we'll stay in touch when all I do is lose it. We'll roll out the sunshine in the morning after I find a wheelbarrow. Can I borrow a cup of whatever you're drinking? I won't lose that.

I said you could slash my tires and that wouldn't keep me from moving. I don't own a car anymore and I don't have a care in the world. They're in the ether with a lot of people I used to know and I couldn't keep them from moving onto there.

Sleep on it
Sleep on it
Sleep on it

Give it a second look, like you know you wanted to.
Exchanging second chances
I won't lose that
You think you cracked the code but you haven't got a clue who's really onto you
I said I'm onto you
Maybe you didn't get it yet
But by the time you do it'll probably be too late
So set your watch
The one that weighed me down last year
Rented moonbeams me down
Bottles of juice, well, okay, they're more like boxes
Moving boxes
They say you can't go back
Yeah, they say a lot of things
Everyone has the same thought at different times
Like a timeshare, we'll visit
And examine the properties
Who taught your baby how to drive
You can pop my tires like the zits on my back
It's no skin off my teeth
I have neither, I don't have all three
So keep a list

And sleep on it
And call me a cynic like they call me a cab

No comments: